Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crazy Weather and Week 5-6 SBR

One week ago I was wearing snow boots and hiking through a foot of snow in my neighborhood.  Last night I spent nearly two hours awake with one of the loudest thunderstorms I can recall.  And finally, today I was soaking up 73 degree sunny weather in shorts and a tank top.  Evidently next week it's back to colder temperatures.  Dear Mother Nature, can we please have some consistency in climate, perhaps at least one week at a time?

In the meantime, I won't be complaining about days like today.  Just sunbathing on the deck while the last of the snow melts.


In the midst of last week's snowstorm, I completely forgot about the "Sunday SBR".  So, consider this the Wednesday swim/bike/run recap.  Week 5 was a recovery week, and coincided nicely with my ski trip.  I've been fighting a nagging virus for a couple weeks now, so the week was a little slow getting back into the swing of things.  Plus, I was on call for the weekend, which puts a damper on training.

Week 6 Totals: 11 hours, 50 minutes

Swim: 6600 yards
Bike: 5 hours
Run: 14.4 miles
Strength: 2 hours

Post-call I was happily surprised by this Valentine's Day package from Mom and Dad, plus several other holiday cards.  They know very well that chocolate is the way to my heart!  These decadent truffles and caramels are from The Chocolate Fetish in Asheville.  After eating several pieces, I only wish that their store was closer to Charlotte!  The DVD first season of Breaking Bad and a red-stripe scarf were also included.  Thanks Mom and Dad!


I'll leave you with a few meals from the week.  The first is a "kitchen sink" salad that included a bed of baby kale, mushrooms, corn, peas, vegan "chicken" salad, lentil, avocado, and a drizzle of balsamic.


It's been several weeks since I roasted some vegetables, so into the oven went butternut squash and broccoli.  The squash was drizzled with coconut oil and cinnamon, and the broccoli with EVOO, S&P, and garlic.  To round out the plate I had a corn muffin and avocado slices.


I hope everyone else is enjoying the snow-melting weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment