Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Crazy Few Days

It's hard to believe that a week ago at this time I was adding the last few items to my suitcase and preparing to fly to Cancun the next morning.  Flash forward one week and now I'm preparing to move all of my worldly possessions to Charlotte in the morning.  It's 9:30pm and I'm finally sitting down for the first time today.  I promise several posts about my Cancun vacation (the resort, food, sightseeing) but it will have to wait until mid-week when things calm down a bit.  Until then, here's a little preview of my week in paradise!
View from our oceanfront room.
Soaking up the sun.  As you can see, it was a rough week!
Lots of delicious food.
After flying home last night and unpacking, I was up early this morning to knock out my last hard workout before the West Point Lake Tri next weekend.  An hour on the bike, a couple miles on the road, and a short swim = mission accomplished.  My mind and body have never been so happy to see a recovery week!  Then it was back home to pack, pack some more, and yes, pack even more.   Now if only the moving truck would unpack itself in Charlotte tomorrow!  It's looks like it will be a long and hot day with lots of manual labor.

See you in a couple days when the dust settles!

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes on your move tomorrow!! We move a WEEK AFTER you!! Last minute -- arghh!! SO much awaits you in NC! Can't wait to hear! We'll be in your neck of the woods for a wedding next weekend!

    ReplyDelete