Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Signs of Fall

I just spent the past four hours sitting outside on my deck studying for the OITE and enjoying the most perfect sunny 75 degree afternoon.  I need more afternoons like that in my life.  Of course curling up with a great book rather than Miller Review and upper extremity assessment questions would have been just a tiny bit better, but I'll take what I can get.

On that note, here are just a few pictures I've captured over the past week that indicate that summer is a long lost memory and fall has arrived.

Chestnut Tea Latte
While I am one to enjoy a latte regardless of the season, the cooler weather makes me crave a warm mug of tea or coffee that much more.  Pumpkin spice lattes anyone?  Although currently I'm more than a little irked with the recently announced Starbucks Card changes.  No more free soy milk or syrups - really?!?

Open Windows and Fresh Fall Air
Last weekend I soaked up the cool night air by leaving my windows open overnight.  Sadly, my neighbors decided to have a very loud domestic dispute at 4am on Saturday morning.  Not exactly the the time I was ready to be awake or the peaceful nature sounds I thought I'd be awakened by.


Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes(am I making you hungry?)
Apples, pumpkin, kale, and butternut squash are just a few of my favorite fall foods.  Seasonal ingredients will definitely be finding their way onto many of my plates in the upcoming months.  
COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!
It's hard to imagine how we spend our Saturday afternoons any other way.
Holidays
My birthday, Mom's birthday, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
All of these festivities translate into quality family time, which I love.
Plus, my first vacation of second year is coming up in October!  I can't wait!

One-Dish Meals
This particular meal included a pesto quinoa salad base with  pan seared salmon topped with a mango salsa.  It won't be long before I break out the crock pot for chili and soup.

How are you planning to enjoy the first weeks of gorgeous fall weather?  
Any great pumpkin-inspired recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment