Sunday, December 16, 2012

Making a List . . .

  . . . And Checking It Twice.

In my typical organization-obsessed nature, I spent a few minutes Friday night making a weekend to-do list.  It seemed quite lengthy, but as I sit here on Sunday night, I'm happy to report that all but a single item has been checked off.  Now if only I could find a pair of brown boots.  Does anyone else struggle to find boots that aren't too big around the calf?  I've been looking for the perfect pair of boots for two years now, and am still boot-less.

While I may be missing boots, I'm pretty sure these new socks are a satisfactory replacement.  Consider these the result of retail therapy after a bad day at work.  Some people have a few drinks to relax and de-stress; I buy compression socks.  Expect these to make an appearance at the Christmas 5k next weekend.


Aside from checking tasks off my list, I enjoyed a few good eats.
Pan-seared tofu, roasted butternut squash and Japanese sweet potatoes, and zucchini

Bagel Sandwich
Asiago cheese bagel, fried eggs, tomato, swiss chard, and cheddar cheese

Eggnog latte made with Silk eggnog, almond milk, and espresso

It's not a weekend unless pancakes are on the menu!
Pumpkin spice pancakes, almond butter, banana, cranberries, maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon

Sockeye salmon, macaroni and cheese, green beans
Now that I'm healthy again, I've been working my way back into shape - off-season shape, that is.  Saturday I hit the YMCA for an hour of weights followed by a 2500m swim.  I had planned a long run for today, but the cold weather and rainy drizzle meant I opted for a 90 minute bike trainer session followed by yoga instead.

Oh, and I almost forgot about my alternative form of exercise on Saturday night.  BOWLING!  We had a surprise birthday party for one of the residents at Ten Park Lanes.  My round included three strike and a total score of 133.  I'm pretty sure that's a record for this bowler.

1
The trauma team celebrates a birthday and weekend off with bowling and beverages.
Naturally, I'm beyond excited to celebrate the holiday season, but the recent events in Newtown make me even more thankful that I get to spend precious time with my family.  I have found myself thinking about the children's and teacher's families frequently this weekend.  In an instant their world's have been permanently changed, and I cannot even begin to imagine their loss.  There simply are no words to describe the tragedy.

On an cheerful note, t-minus 120 hours until VACATION!  I can't believe Christmas is a week away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment