Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let It Snow

For a few days now, there has been some whispers of the possibility of snowfall in Charlotte.  Based on the fact that there are been several threats of snow this year that resulted in nothing more than a cold rain, I was skeptical.  You can imagine my surprise when I'm pedaling away on the trainer and suddenly hear thunder.  A quick glance over my shoulder reveals a shockingly heavy snowfall.  Yes, we had thundersnow in Charlotte!

Here's a picture-by-picture timeline of the snowfall.

5 MINUTES

30 MINUTES

1 HOUR

1 HOUR

2.5 HOURS
The snow fell in huge clumps and heavy enough to accumulate significantly in just a short period of time.  It seems that most winter storms always come through overnight, so today's snowfall was fun to watch in the daylight.

The snow is just now tapering off to flurries, but not before it accumulated to approximately 2 inches.  I've heard lots of sirens outside and they spent the newscast discussing the interstates that are shut down due to dangerous conditions.  As much as it would be fantastic to have a lazy morning and enjoy the thaw tomorrow, I'm on call.  Should be an interesting commute at 7am.

T-minus 4 days and counting to Park City!  I'm sure that snow will quickly put Charlotte's "snow storm" to shame.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment