Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Eats

For the month of January, I've taken on a "NO SUGAR" challenge.  Between the holidays and lack of will-power, my sugar intake had become out of control.  In general I eat very healthy, but it was the handful of M&Ms or jelly beans, cookies, and the constant need for a dessert after both lunch and dinner that left me feeling a bit consumed by my sugar addiction.  The first several days of no added sugars was fairly miserable and filled with cravings, but since then, it's become much easier.  I've enjoyed some occasional desserts while I've been traveling, simply because healthy eating shouldn't be about deprivation.

Veggie Burger on Mom's Homemade Hamburger Buns
Roasted potatoes, brussel sprouts, and radishes

Pumpkin spice pancakes topped with applesauce, banana, raisins, and cinnamon

Stir-fry with Gardein "beef" tips, bean sprouts, and snap peas

Kitchen Sink Salad
Because sometimes it's easier to eat your salad right from the container

Fried eggs, english muffin with almond butter and cinnamon,  strawberries, and a clementine
Mushroom and Artichoke Pizza at My Pie
The best pizza I've had in NYC!

Dinner in NYC at Brod Kitchen
Artichoke Panini and Split Pea Soup
Butterscotch Macaron as an afternoon snack in NYC

Dinner at Candle Cafe in NYC - my favorite restaurant!
GUAJILLO BAKED TEMPEH
Quinoa-vegetable pilaf sautéed with green chard over black bean puree. Topped with a watermelon radish salad and drizzled witha pumpkin seed-guajillo sauce.

Green Juice Cocktail at Candle Cafe



Mixed greens, tomato, avocado, radishes, goat cheese, and roasted sweet and red skin potatoes

A Simple Friday Breakfast + Caramel Brûlée Coffee
English muffin with peanut butter, smashed banana, and cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment