Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nocturnal Eats

Working nights does some crazy things to one's appetite!  I'm half-way thru my stretch of 4 nights, and my stomach is completely confused as to when it is hungry and which particular meal is appropriate.  I've always looked forward to the next meal and rarely find myself NOT hungry.  On nights, though, I never really feel hungry and have to remind myself to eat something nutritious.  Fortunately, our hospital cafeteria is open 24 hours a day and has a decent selection of options even in the late night and early morning hours.  Here's a look at the past 24 hours of eats.

Friday
8am - kashi cereal, melon
     [ very unsuccessful attempt to get some quality sleep in the brightness of day ]
4pm - banana with peanut butter
7pm - hummus and veggie wrap
11pm - few chocolate squares (self-medicating my hatred of the pager)

Saturday
12:30am - baked fish, quinoa, tilapia
3:30am - fig newtons
7am - yogurt, kashi cereal, berries, decaf coffee

Looking forward to getting back to days and finding my appetite again!  Until then, let the vampire hours continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment