Sunday, February 12, 2012

Squashed

How is it already Sunday night?  Does anyone else find that Saturday and Sunday are much shorter days than are Monday - Friday?  Somehow those weekend 48 hours pass so much faster than those during the week.

Today started as I rolled over and saw 8:35am on my alarm clock.  Seriously, 8:30am?  That means I slept for 10 fabulous hours.  I was cozy in flannel pajamas and buried under four layers of sheets/blankets.  That must be the secret to a really great night's sleep.  Well, and maybe the sleep deprivation plays a role as well.  I moved from my bed to my comfy leather chair and bundled myself in a blanket with a mug of tea.  Somehow, the next thing I know it's 11am and I haven't done anything productive.  It felt so great just to be lazy!

Once I got moving, I put some energy into my workouts - 45 minute recovery bike and 2500m in the pool with descending intervals.  Man am I sore after strength training yesterday!  150 push-ups is no joke!

Tonight's dinner inspiration was from Veganomicon - SPAGHETTI SQUASH MEXICANA WITH TROPICAL AVOCADO SALSA FRESCA.  The dish came together pretty quickly and was a great mix of flavors.  Unfortunately, I forgot that I needed a ripe avocado and had only unripe ones on hand.  So, it was avocado-less.  I had a hefty pile of roasted kale on the side.


And to finish off the evening I enjoyed an hours worth of girl-talk with a good friend while we indulged bowls of Yoforia frozen yogurt.  Despite the arctic cold weather, it was a fun treat.  My only disappointment was the lack of hot fudge that my froyo was desperately needing.

And with that, the weekend comes to a close.  Time to set the alarm for 4:00am.  Oh, how I love being a resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment