Thursday, February 2, 2012

Step 3, Done?

I'd like to be kicked back relaxing and relishing the fact that I am officially done with USMLE and their ridiculously stressful tests.  I did, in fact, finish day 2 of the exam today.  480 multiple choice questions and 9 clinical case scenarios completed over the course of 2 days.  Sounds like fun, right.  Well I guess I was having so much fun today that I clicked on a wrong button approximately halfway through a question block and ended the block.  The downside of computer based testing versus old-school scantron is that you can't go back and fill in questions you didn't answer.  And thus the reason I'm feeling less than confident - 20 questions that went completely unanswered.  Big mistake!

I'm just hoping that I had enough correct answers to buffer those 20 unanswered questions.  Now rather than blocking the test out of my brain and feeling confident I did plenty well enough to pass, I'm stressed out knowing that I have a 3-4 week wait until I learn the fate of my STUPID mistake.  Hopefully I won't be reliving the joys of test-taking yet again a couple months from now.

Fortunately the weather was beautiful outside this afternoon and I soaked up some 72 degree sunshine and caught up on the many magazines that were accumulating on my living room table.  Evidently the groundhog thinks we're going to have 6 more weeks of winter.  Hmm, I think he's either very confused or there's some dramatic weather changes headed our way.


Workouts today featured 2000 meters in the pool at 5am and then a 90 minute bike tonight.  I'm trying to stay focused with workouts this month despite being back on ortho and having very minimal free time.  We'll see how that goes.  At the very least, my goal is to get good QUALITY training sessions even if duration and frequency has to suffer.

Dinner tonight was a big salad.  I mixed a can of Trader Joe's tuna with half of an avocado and a couple tablespoons of dijon mustard to create a tuna salad.  It was the topper for my base of spinach, edamame, bell pepper,  broccoli, tomato, cucumber, sweet potato, parmesean cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.


I'm off to read an article about Sarmiento braces in the treatment of diaphyseal humerus fractures.  Sounds riviting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment