Wednesday, September 4, 2013

2.4, 112, 26.2

On September 28th, 2014, THIS IS HAPPENING!


And I'm going to be there, racing every step of the 
2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run!

I keep pinching myself, convinced that this must all be a dream.  Over the past two weeks, I've been weighing the pros and cons and questioning my sanity.  Ultimately, however, I was one of the lucky ones who hit that registration button at exactly 12 noon today and unlocked the key Ironman Chattanooga.  Can you believe the race sold out in a matter of 3 minutes?!

I am beyond excited to begin the year-long journey to make this dream become a reality.  It will no doubt be by far the toughest thing I have ever done physically or mentally.  I'll be providing weekly updates along the way once I officially begin Ironman training - my way of dragging you along on my crazy quest to combine the life of an orthopaedic surgery resident with my passion for swimming, biking, and running towards a finish line.  

T-MINUS 389 DAYS AND COUNTING . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment