Friday, September 13, 2013

What Do You Eat?

It's been far too long since I've given a play by play of some of my daily meals.  Obviously, life gets busy and my camera becomes full of pictures waiting to be downloaded.  Without further ado, here is just a sprinkling of my favorite plates of food from the past few weeks.

A perfectly created heirloom tomato sandwich from a local food truck.
Freshly toasted sourdough bread was layered a house-made aioli (with a hint of goat cheese -
SO GOOD!), ripe tomatoes, and red leaf lettuce.  So simple, yet so delicious.
Breakfast on the deck -
Scrambled eggs, local bakery bread with PB&J, and a juicy summer peach
Bourbon marinated salmon atop lots of farmer's market veggies
A rather odd collection of ingredients:
Tortilla layered with hummus, bean sprouts, and tomato + a side of papaya
A lazy weekend breakfast -
Mexican scrambled eggs (bell pepper, vegan sausage, salsa, crushed tortilla chips) + Grapefruit.
The mix of ingredients for the eggs was a complete success!
Try crushing tortilla chips (the saltier, the better) and mix them into your eggs with a minute of cooking time remaining.
Post-workout recovery lunch -
Green smoothie + Tomato and avocado sandwich on Great Harvest bread
.
Eggs and veggie scramble and Greek yogurt topped with sliced figs.
So nice to eat a casual breakfast while watching the news.
My favorite sandwich of the summer!
Great harvest bread, Greek-yogurt based tzatziki, heirloom tomato slices, and avocado.
Plus, another perfectly juicy local peach.
This week's dinner -
Roasted tofu, roasted sweet potatoes, and sauteed squash with onions.
Salad greens topped with lentil veggie salad +
Rosemary crackers topped with Earth Fare chicken salad.
Check out my homemade dessert!
Vegan Coconut Cream Berry Pie
Food Truck Friday!
Two Tacos - Thai Shrimp and Buffalo Cauliflower.  Plus, a side of charro beans.
Breakfast of Champions
"Fried" egg, peanut butter and blueberry jam english muffin, and sliced figs.
Thanks to my parents for bringing me a giant harvest of figs from the tree in the yard!
I wish I had my own tree to keep the bounty coming.
The avocado + tomato + tzatziki sandwich earlier in the week left me craving another!
Sides of kale chips and cinnamon-doused apple slices rounded out the plate.
And with that, I'm finally caught up with my camera roll.  I frequently am asked how I have the time to cook and prepare healthy meals, and I think this round of meals sums up my eating philosophy.  Simple, generally healthy, 95% vegetarian, and focused on local produce.  Give it a try - it's actually much simpler than you might believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment