Sunday, July 3, 2011

Doctored Up

Since I had the weekend off, I planned to make a nice dinner tonight.  My goal was to make a dish with plenty of leftovers so that dinner prep during the week requires only a few minutes in the microwave.  Perfect for maximizing the couple of hours I have to enjoy after work!  Are you a leftovers person?  I love them, but I'm surprised how many people absolute refuse to eat anything that wasn't cooked that same day.

I've been craving pasta and had some veggies on hand that needed to be used, so I hit the kitchen ready to be creative.  I already had a bottle of pasta sauce in the pantry, so rather than make the entire meal from scratch, I doctored up the jarred sauce.  I combined my veggies (onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach), protein (in the form of navy beans), and jarred sauce (Bertoli Portabella Mushroom).  I served the sauce over Barilla Plus pasta and topped it with nutritional yeast (so glad I finally tried this!) and fresh basil.  Delish!



It came together in less than 30 minutes and tasted delicious.  It certainly wasn't Mom's amazing roasted vegetable spaghetti sauce, but it's a good substitute when short on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment