Saturday, July 16, 2011

Welcome Home

I've been calling Charlotte home for 5 weeks now.  The house-hunting process was quite lengthy and it took considerable thought to sort through the pros and cons of house vs condo vs townhouse, rent vs buy, and across the street from work vs a short drive.  Ultimately, I selected a townhome in the Southpark area of Charlotte.  It's a great location - just 4 miles to work, less than a mile from the YMCA, 1 mile to the mall, 2 miles to Earth Fare and Harris Teeter (and Whole Foods - coming Summer 2012!!!), and lots of nearby restaurants.  Best of all, I can walk right out my front door and run or bike to my heart's content.  

Furnishing the house is a work in progress, but it's gradually feeling more and more like "home."  Here's a photo tour as it appears today after a good couple hours of cleaning.

Living Room - complete with a gas log fireplace.
Perfect corner for my bike
Great memories in print - Emory Concerts and Family Portraits

Plenty of space to whip up creative dishes

Hallway between kitchen, bathroom, and staircase
Up we go . . . 
Guest Bedroom

Master bedroom.  Love my new furniture!

Master Bath
And that's a brief look at my new home.  There's plenty of room for guests - visitors are welcome anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment