Monday, October 17, 2011

Restocked

After a nearly 3 week hiatus from grocery shopping, I officially made my reappearance at Harris Teeter today.  It was pretty refreshing!  I can only forage from the cafeteria and surgeon's lounge for so long.  After a while, granny smith apples, oranges, bananas, fig newtons, and pint-sized milk cartons get old.  After all, variety is the spice to life.

Today's grocery store finds included organic milk, soy milk, nature's path waffles, frozen edamame, wild sockeye salmon filet, mustard, vidalia onion, bananas, hummus, and frozen blackberries and strawberries.  I really wanted some different fresh fruit, but Harris Teeter prices are absolutely ridiculous!  Fortunately, I'm in love with my Vita Mix, so may daily fruit allowance will be coming in the form of berry-licious smoothies.

Today's workouts included a 9 mile run (slow and painful - someone please return my running legs!) and a pilates class at the YMCA.  I registered for the Atlanta Thanksgiving Half-Marathon, so hopefully these miserable runs won't become a trend.

Dinner tonight was pretty darn tasty!  BBQ Salmon, Mustard Greens with Onions and Squash, and Wild Rice Pilaf.

The salmon marinated in a mix of BBQ sauce and Hoisin sauce for about 2 hours.  Then I baked it at 400 degrees for 13 minutes.  The veggie mix is courtesy of the farmer's market.  I sauteed onion and garlic, added the squash, and finally tossed in the mustard greens.  For seasoning, I added a splash of balsamic.  I really enjoyed the mustard greens!  I've been on a kale kick recently, but these greens had tons of flavor.  Finally the rice blend was something I had picked up from the bulk bins at Healthy Home Market more than a month ago.  Once cooked, I seasoned with curry, turmeric and nutritional yeast.


Enjoyed with the company of the nightly news!  Time to be a night-owl - off to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment