Saturday, November 19, 2011

Stroll In The Park


Royce and Erin have arrived in Charlotte for the weekend!  Between their busy school schedules (they both graduate in May!) and working full-time, they rarely have time for vacation.  However, Royce had vacation days to burn and so they came to visit me in Charlotte and explore a new city.  They brought their chocolate lab - Kaluha - with them, so priority number one once they arrived was to get some exercise after spending 4+ hours in the car.  After giving them a brief driving tour of Charlotte, we headed to Freedom Park.

One of the many things I love about Charlotte is the abundance of parks and greenways.  Freedom Park is located just about 2 miles from my house, which makes it perfectly located to be incorporated in my many running routes.  Plus, it allows me to run past all of the amazing Myers Park mansions in which I like to dream about living some day.  Today, however, we took a casual stroll to allow for picture taking.  Erin is an excellent photographer and I'm sure her fancy camera pictures FAR exceed my iPhone photos, but here's a quick glimpse into the beautiful afternoon stroll.

Perfect blue skies on a crisp, cold day.

Royce and Kaluha


Come on, Dad, let me off the leash so I can go visit the Canada geese!

The whole family capturing the action.

Check out the reflection in the water.

Got to love Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment