Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Germs

Thanks to this cute little germ-filled kiddo (reference #4), I now have a case of the "sore throat-headache-body aches-misery-wish I could spend all day on the couch-disease."  Sounds exciting, right?  Not so much.  It takes a lot to keep me from conquering a planned workout, but today my body won the fight and I found myself curled up on the couch as soon as I got home from work.  After, of course, I took a shower to wash off all of those scummy hospital germs!

So, while I lay cuddled under a blanket wishing my head would stop throbbing, I'll leave you with some pictures of last week's eats.

Dinner at Cantina  1511 with the Ortho Girls. Great fun and lots of laughs!  
And dinner of fish tacos + mexican slaw + black beans was pretty awesome too!


Snack plate - veggies, hummus, seed crackers, and dried mango

All the perfect ingredients for Vegan Pumpkin Mac & Cheese

SO GOOD!!! You'd never know there isn't any cheese.

My latest and greatest Charlotte discovery.  Must return soon!!

Salted Caramel Brownie, French Macaroons (Pistachio and Cinnamon Chocolate)

Where have french macaroons been all of my life??  So amazingly delicious!


This was beyond words.  Giant amounts of sugar and butter  = very happy belly

Making up for my sugar indulgence - veggie hummus toast, orange, and greek yogurt

Flax Waffles topped with pumpkin, applesauce, caramelized bananas, raisins,  cinnamon, and chia seeds.
Not exactly the most appealing dish, but I promise it makes up for that in taste.

Breakfast Wrap 
It appears I was successful in getting a little more creative in the kitchen and finding my way out of the food blah funk.

7:14pm and I think it's time for bed.  The big question:  sleep on the couch or climb the long flight upstairs to my bed.  Hmmm . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment