Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Triathlon Season

Today marks the official start of my formal 2014 triathlon training.  I have some lofty goals this year, many of which are focused on this little race called Ironman Chattanooga in September.  Over the next 38 weeks, there is going to be a heck of a lot of swimming, biking, and running.  And just to add some variety here on the blog, I may possibly share just a photo or two of the tons (literally) of food that will keep me fueled.

I'm getting back to a more formal training program, as opposed to my self-directed training and racing of the last two seasons.  This season, I'll be racing for the PT Solutions Triathlon Team and be coached by Brett Daniels.  He brings a wealth of knowledge and a proven history with long-course athletes.  Together, we're determined to make 2014 a successful season.

Here's how my season will shape up with respect to races:

5/4  Carolina Half-Iron

5/31 Tomahawk Tri

6/14 Tri Latta Sprint

6/29 PT Solutions Allatoona Sprint Tri

7/19 Stumpy Creek Int'l

8/2 Lake Logan Half-Iron

9/28 Ironman Chattanooga

There are several other events that I might sprinkle in, but those will be the major races on my calendar.


At the request of some family and friends, I'm going to try a new addition to the blog - a weekly training update.  I am frequently asked how I manage to fit training into a very busy professional life as an orthopedic resident, so I'm going to try to give you an idea.  My goal will be to have a weekly "Sunday SBR" (swim, bike run) post with the nitty gritty of training.

To say that I'm excited for this season would be an understatement!  At the same time, though, I'm a little (or maybe a lot) intimidated and nervous about the work that lies in front of me if I want to achieve my goals.   It should be interesting . . . .


See you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment