Based on the fact that everyone seems to be recapping their highlights of 2013, I figure I will jump on the boat as well. Rather than drag you along month by month, here are some high points in a few segments of my life.
- Attended a sport medicine conference in Park City, UT
- Good-bye PGY-2 and hello PGY-3. Each year get a bit better. Still loving our group of residents!
- I spent two whole months living as a vampire. However, in November I completed my last month of night float EVER.
- As of today, only six more months of in-house junior call. Senior call brings a whole new set of responsibilities, but knowing that I'll no longer be spending 24 hours at a time in the hospital makes me very happy.
- I think I've finally decided to pursue a pediatric sports medicine fellowship. My recent trip to the IPOS Conference reaffirmed that decision.
- 415 hours of total workouts
- Swimming = 98 hours, 305831 yards (174 miles!)
- Biking = 177 hours
- Running = 73 hours (506 miles)
- Strength Training = 40 hours
- Yoga = 22 hours
- My first race placement with a cash payout
- Two overall race wins - Ramblin' Rose and Red Top Mountain
- Dad, Royce, and Erin did their first triathlon as a relay team
- I made a crazy decision to race Ironman Chattanooga September 2014
Fun and Family
- A February Charlotte snowfall
- First time snow skiing
- Mom and Dad came to visit Charlotte a couple of times
- Trips to Atlanta
- Royce and Erin were married
- Many Saturday morning trips to the farmer's market
- A birthday weekend vacation to Chicago
- Carving pumpkins with friends
- 2nd Thanksgiving - food, friends, and gingerbread houses
- A weeklong Christmas in Atlanta
And with that, we reach January of 2014. I'll be back with goals and plans for the year, but for now, I think this sums up my strategy quite well . . .