Tuesday, April 17, 2012

24 Days

The countdown clock is officially ticking.  Exactly 24 days from now I'll be boarding a plane back to Atlanta in preparation for a week-long Western Caribbean cruise.  This month has been nothing short of exhausting, and I'm more than ready to spend a week relaxing, soaking up the sun, and spending time with family.  The next 24 days are going to be rough.  

Not much exciting is happening in my life right now - pretty much either working, swimming/biking/running, or sleeping.  Meals have been scattered and unexciting since I've been switching back and forth between days and night at work.  It's interesting how my appetite is completely zapped on this crazy schedule.  The pictures I've captured are minimal, but I do have a few "meals" to share.

Panko dusted organic chicken bites, steamed asparagus and bean sprouts, and white sweet potato wedges.

Peanut Butter and Banana topped Whole Wheat Pancakes.
I think pancakes pop up on the blog at least once a week.  I think I'm obsessed!

My favorite thing about working nights is enjoying an hour of sunlight on the deck  in the late afternoon before going back to work.  I LOVE my new lounge chairs!

Have you ever heard of Ugli fruit?  I spotted these at Earth Fare last week and decided to give them a try. 
They are a Jamaican fruit that is a cross between tangerine and grapefruit.
They were super juicy and sweet, and will definitely find themselves in my grocery cart again.
A common breakfast/lunch while working nights.  It seems odd to eat breakfast foods when I wake up at 3-4pm, so I typically fix a combination of breakfast-y items paired with veggies.

Toasted Dakota bread, hummus, summer snap peas, spinach, and shaved carrots.
Time for another night in the STICU.  Ugh, I'm tired.  Must . . . find . . . coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment