- Whole wheat flour, blueberries, sugar, wheat fiber, corn starch, baking powder, palm oil, natural flavor, salt, xanthan and guar gums
While these muffins may be good if you prepared them as directed, I was looking for something a little more hearty. Here's the recipe for my "semi-homemade" muffins.
Kicked Up Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Duncan Hines Simple Mornings Wild Maine Blueberry Muffin Mix
Blueberries, rinsed and drained (included in muffin box)
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
3 tbsp flax
5 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup applesauce
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded zucchini
3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tins.
- Combine flax and 5 tbsp water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Combine dry ingredients (muffin mix, oats, raisins, chia, cinnamon, crystallized ginger).
- Combine wet ingredients (flax egg, vanilla, applesauce, carrot, zucchini, water, blueberries)
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Scoop into muffin tins. I used a 12 count muffin tin and filled them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 19 minutes, or until lightly browned and well set.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from muffin tins and finish cooling on wire rack.