Saturday, December 24, 2011

I Love Breakfast

During the work week, breakfast isn't so much a formal meal, but rather, a rush to quickly eat something remotely nutritious between morning conference and the 7:30am start time for the operating rooms.  Fortunately, the surgeon's lounge is stocked with about 10 different kinds of cereal.  For the sake of convenience and the fact that it's free, cereal has therefore become my breakfast staple.  Most mornings I stick with Kashi Go Lean or Kashi Go Lean Crunch, but occasionally I'll mix it up with Raisin Bran or Mini Wheats.  On the days that I have off, making a more elaborate breakfast is one of the things I look forward to nearly as much as sleeping in.  Morning favorites include pancakes, yogurt bowls, french toast, eggs, bagel sandwiches, and oatmeal.

Here's a few of my vacation breakfasts from the past week.

Chocolate protein pancake + Nutella + Cinnamon + Bananas + Strawberries

Plain Greek Yogurt + Raw Oats + Granola + Almonds +Blackberries + Strawberries + Cranberry Sauce + Almond Milk

Blueberry pancakes + Almond butter + Bananas + Strawberries + Blackberries + Blueberry Syrup + Cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment