Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There's no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com
Seasonal coffees, savory appetizer spreads, sparkling cocktails, elaborate meals, and decadent desserts. Tis the season! I'm pretty sure that mot every family has a long list of their favorite meals and treats that their family prepares during the holidays. A few of my family's favorites from the past include:
- Tree Decorating "Appetizer Dinner" - cocktail shrimp, cheese and crackers, fruit platter, pizza rolls, veggies with dip, and a cookie and candy tray.
- Christmas Eve Buffet - a mix of finger foods while celebrating at the grandparent's house
- Christmas Breakfast - grits casserole, cream cheese sweet rolls, fruit
- Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner - turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts
- Sweets - snickerdoodle cookies, brownies, chocolate cherry balls, peanut butter fudge, raspberry shortbread strippers, oreo truffles, gingerbread men
This year, I'm looking forward to cooking and baking a whole new delicious spread of vegan goodies. There's nothing better than spending a lazy, fireplace crackling, morning in the kitchen with family and/or friends, cooking up a host of delicious foods.
Prior to heading home for the holidays, I'll be celebrating here in Charlotte with friends. This weekend, one of the ortho residents and his wife are hosting a "Second Thankgiving". The details are somewhat top-secret, but there's rumor of amazing food, and ortho "family" picture, and a gingerbread house contest. Despite the fact that I have to work all day before the party, and all day after, I'm looking forward to a short break to enjoy friends and the holiday season. I've been assigned multi-color sprinkles to contribute to gingerbread houses.
|Do sprinkles remind anyone else of the deliciousness of Confetti cupcakes in elementary school?!?|
What are your family's favorite holiday recipes? Do you have a traditional meal that you share with family or friends?
Remember to check out Duncan Hines' website www.duncanhines.com to find some great recipes for your holiday get-together! I was selected for this sponsorship by the http://www.clevergirlscollective.com">Clever Girls Collective.