Sunday, December 11, 2011

Savoring Sunday

93 hours in 7 days - that is the number of hours I have spent at work.  Needless to say, working that many hours is both physically and mentally draining.  More than sleep, however, I really crave time at home be lazy and catch up on life.  This morning I came home in my post-call stupor and headed straight for a hot shower and then directly into bed.  After catching about 4 hours of sleep I was up to enjoy the first daylight hours I've spent outside the hospital in the past 12 days.

Today was exactly what a lazy Sunday should be.  It included things like lunch while watching the Today Show, sorting mail and paying bills, 1.5 hours on the trainer (much needed exercise!), Christmas present shopping, preparing my trauma conference presentation while listening to Christmas music and smelling the great scent of a mistletoe candle, laundry, and preparing a home-cooked meal.
Christmas music playing with a mistletoe ambiance and dinner simmering on the stove.

Laundry - I hate it, but it had to be done.  Don't worry, I quickly proceeded to fold and  put it all away.

Yum!  Dinner of spaghetti and green beans.  A PERFECT Sunday meal !
Sadly, Sunday is quickly coming to a close and it's right back to work tomorrow.  The 4am alarm clock is already set (the most depressing nightly task) and my new flannel bed sheets are calling my name.  Fortunately, I have just 5 days of work before vacation begins!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment