Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dinner and a Movie

All week I've been planning a date - me, a delicious dinner, my couch, and a movie.  But before the perfect lazy evening, there was business to get done.  I spent the morning at the hospital working and then came home to spend the early part of the afternoon studying for Step 3 (the last of a series of painfully difficult boards we take as medical students and residents in order to receive our medical licenses).  About 3pm I headed out for a run.  I was really dreading the run in the wind and cold, but but the thought of running on the treadmill was much worse.  So, I bundled up and headed out on a route I strategically planned to allow for running past Harris Teeter to pick up my movie for the evening.  Between the new route through yet another beautiful Charlotte neighborhood (if only I had the money to buy a house) and the ease at which the miles ticked away, it really was one of the best runs I've had in a long while. 7.5 miles and 56 minutes later I was back at home.  Filled with the endorphins of a good run, I found the energy to clean the house from top to bottom.  It felt so good to knock out a "Sunday" task a little early.

The movie selection for the evening was "The Help."  I had read the book about a year ago and just had never gotten the chance to see the movie in the theater or on rental before now.


Dinner was a good one!  Pan seared herbed tofu, roasted cinnamon butternut squash, and sauteed collard greens.  I think roasting is my favorite cooking method.  Whether it's veggies, potatoes, or butternut squash, I love the flavors that roasting really brings out.



Me, my dinner, cozy pajamas + slippers, and "The Help".  A perfect evening to end a busy and productive day.


Tomorrow is Sunday and I DON'T work.  And, I've already tackled cleaning and the mountain of laundry that was on my weekend to-do list.  Sounds like it's shaping up to be a wonderfully relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment