Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Holy Heatwave!

8 days ago I was walking around New York City in 28 degree freezing cold temperatures, cursing my frozen fingers and toes and wishing for some warmth.  This afternoon I went for a run in record-breaking 82 degree heat, and it didn't take long before I was complaining about the summer-like temperatures.  Holy heat and humidity!  Charlotte hit a record high temperature today of 83 degrees.  What happened to spring?  It seems the 60 degree temperature swing has taken us straight from winter to summer.  I can only hope we will enjoy some milder temperatures between now and the dead of summer.
Red-faced, hot, sweaty, and salty after an hour-long run in the summer-like temperatures.

As I was running, I contemplated what I would eat for dinner.  I knew I had leftovers of my Mole Skillet Pie that I could heat up, but the warm weather had me craving a sandwich and cold fruit.  And as soon as sandwiches came to mind, I quickly was craving another tempeh sandwich that I created the other day.  Here's the tempeh that I used:
The nutritional stats on this product are pretty good, and it's mighty tasty.  All it takes is a quick sear for about 2 minutes on each side, and then it's ready to serve between the bread.  Tonight's sandwich was pretty similar to the previous one - Great Harvest bread (toasted), dijon mustard, lettuce, tomato, tempeh, and a spread of mole spice spread.  Mmmm, tasty yet again!

Served with roasted kale chips doused in ketchup (don't knock it until you try it) and icy cold mango.  There's nothing more refreshing than deliciously cold summer fruits - watermelon, grapes, mango, and melon!

And another thing that screams summer = ICE CREAM.  I might just have some of Earth Fare's coffee ice cream in the freezer that is calling my name!  

No comments:

Post a Comment